Friday, November 2, 2007

A small dog stole my heart this week...


So Gary & I have been considering getting another dog. We spotted this guy http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=9532510 online and went to see him out at the pound on Bradshaw this morning. He ran right up to us, and when we took him out to play, he stayed near us and tried to curl up on my lap. He's a sweetie. But he's really mangy, has runny eyes, matted poopy fur around his butt, and he's super-skinny -- you can feel all of his ribs. We loved him and were all set to adopt him BUT...

We couldn't. They apparently scan dogs for a microchip when they enter the facility, but they didn't detect one at that time. Then they re-scan the dog before they're adopted (or euthanized, shudder). Today they did the re-scan and found a microchip on Kelso (the name the pound gave him). So, they are going to start the search for the owners. I would be lying if I said I hope they find them. Maybe that's wrong of me, but I just know Gary, Buster, Sweetpea, Noel and I could fatten him up, give him a good bath, some eyedrops and some attention, and he'd be the happiest dog in the world. We'll know by November 8th if we get to adopt him, but chances are not too good.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I'll keep good thoughts in mind for you and Kelso!!!